I am normally a skeptic when it comes to New Years Resolutions. I simply feel that it doesn’t need to be a New Year to strive for a goal that you have set for yourself. But I have changed my mind and this is the FIRST year I will ever set myself a NYR. My goal is to do a better job of staying balanced in my day to day life. Balance can mean different things to different people so I’ve broken it down into “mini steps”. What can I say? It’s the type A in me. ;)
- Do yoga daily. I have found that through yoga I am able to de-stress and really center myself. I love the physical flexibility and strength it gives me but even more than that I love what it does for me mentally. Clearing my head and calming me down is no easy task but yoga seems to do the trick.
- Make time for prayer and meditation. Meditation will fit in nicely with yoga. To help me with my prayer life I have been reading a Bible devotion book nightly. It has helped me have a greater sense of security and it has helped put me to ease before bed.
- Eating smart. This has nothing to do with a diet or losing weight. By eating smart I mean that I’d like to be sure I am eating the freshest most nutritious foods and that I am really taking the time to enjoy the cooking/eating process with out feeling rushed. I have cut back on the caffeine as well which has been a great thing for my nerves.
What are your goals for the New Year? If you are striving for something similar I’d love to hear from you…we can be NYR buddies. :)
Here is the link to my YT video about my resolution if you are interested. http://youtu.be/VWPXh5xATSI
Have a fabulous day!
No comments:
Post a Comment